Increasing the odds
You can do specific things that will put you into prime preconception condition and help you conceive successfully.
Your partner should improve his health aswell, after all he supplies 50% of the genetic material to your new baby.
It takes 3 months for new sperm to be created in the man, and 3 months for a new egg to start from a group of follicles and the be released during ovulation.
When embarking on a plan to have a baby it is advised that you spend about 4 months getting ready to conceive. This allows you to wean yourself off any toxic addictive substances, get rid of residual Birth Control Pill effects, and improve your fertility and general health.
The Steps to follow in this 4 months are:
- eat a healthy diet
- consider doing a gentle cleanse
- See a nutritional therapist or supplement your diet
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Be screened for infections
- Avoid environmental hazards
- Explore the possibility of investigating your fertility status through medical channels if things are happening slowly. How soon you start investigating your fertility depends on a few factors.
Written by Nadia MacLeod